FIRST... Filter By Tags

Gmail – Sign-Out Automatically


Too many students are staying logged in, well after they leave.  Play a bit safer.

Gmail – Sign-Out Automatically

One of the features of Gmail I don’t like for security reasons is that every time I open Chrome, it automatically takes me to my Gmail account. Obviously if I lose my computer, a bad guy would only have to startup my computer and he/she would automatically be logged into my Gmail account – not a good thing.
A number of other people have complained of this issue.
I have found a number of things you can do to help with this issue, but none seems to work ALL the time except for the last and that involves more work on your part.
1`. When you Sign In – unclick the “Stay Signed In” box.
gmail-stay-signed-in



2. Settings – Show Advanced Settings – Privacy – Content Settings – Cookies – Manage Exceptions – Add the line [*.]google.com – choose Clear on Exit.
gmail-stay-signed-in-2

3. I have noticed that it helps to actually choose Exit from the Chrome Controls rather than just clicking on the Red X.

4. Enable two-factor authentication. This certainly works, but makes another step for you to do.

No comments:

Do You Have A Problem? :)

technically speaking, that is :)